Audience Development specialist
Chase associate producer
promotions & marketing
Are you the next member of SSN? The below listings are immediate positions we are hiring for, however we are always keen to meet and chat with new, aspiring talent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like more info on the types of roles we have and where you might fit in.
STORY STUDIO NETWORK
Dear Future Colleague,
We are seeking an Promotions-Marketing Producer to join our team.
ABOUT THE PROMOTIONS-MARKETING PRODUCER ROLE
Our editors are a true asset to Story Studio Network.
You will be working closely with our Chief Strategy Officer and Editor-Producers to build, grow, and create compelling promotions content and strategies for our branded podcast clients.
Your work will be dynamic and fast-paced - like working in a new media newsroom environment.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
Participating in client strategy session reviews with the Chief Strategy team at the start of each podcast project
Working with Editor-Producer on the file to create templated mp3s and mp4s using Descript (training on this platform is provided!)
Writing show liners and promotional captions for client shows and updating client dashboard with captions and/or assets related to episode promotion
● Communicating directly with clients including weekly touch point emails and fielding client questions regarding promotional materials
● Providing insight for potential promotional or growth opportunities via social media and other content avenues
● Coordinating weekly with SSN team to select and feature a network show on company LinkedIn or other content marketing avenue
Broadcast and/or mainstream media experience an asset, but not required.
Social media knowledge and experience is a definite asset.
You will need the following:
● A great sense of humour
● Excellent communications and people skills for collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders and clients
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
A decent eye for social media graphic design and the ability to create them relatively quickly
● A great work-from-home/remote set up including a decent mic and headphones
● The ability to think like a storyteller
It helps if you listen to podcasts!
You are a creative, pragmatic, high functioning individual. You are a beast at cutting through complexity. You are humble – you have ZERO ISSUES rolling up your sleeves and jumping into both the promotional strategy and execution of asset creation and writing. But you also have the confidence, assertiveness, skills and experience required to drive projects forward.
You have strong creative skills, and you work best behind the scenes – identifying and solving problems, spotting creative opportunities to ‘grow the show’. You have a keen attention to detail without getting too in the weeds. Social media is your friend.
You are tech savvy and can thrive in a remote work environment. You care deeply about stories well told and producing compelling content.
Your creative app knowledge is deep and you’re pretty much able to create in any software, but you probably love Canva. You are not averse to multi-media creation and are willing to lean into an audio and video first strategy every time.
You are deeply grounded and drama-free. You are looking to bring your skills to a growing, mission-based organization and provided it’s a fit – work with us for a minimum of 2 years. This is an initial contract role with the expectation of full-time employment within six months.
You’ll be joining Story Studio Network. We are a team of four full time and three contractor team members who have a collective mission of changing the Canadian media landscape for the better. We are setting the standard for our market: incredible podcasts that tell incredible stories. We believe firmly in an Audience First mission to all our projects..
You will be stepping into a supportive and dynamic team environment, where we’ll provide you with:
● Extraordinary colleagues who will cheer you on, remind you of your brilliance and care about you as a person and human.
● The supreme peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are building a company with integrity.
● A competitive salary and flexible hours; an internal policy of ‘do what lights you up Friday’ AND have open time to think, dream, and play.
● The ability to use your extraordinary talents to have fun and make a difference for our incredible clients.
HOW TO APPLY
If this job description speaks to you, then we strongly encourage you to apply by midnight on NOVEMBER 1ST, 2022.
Submit your application to email@example.com with subject line: [YOUR NAME] Promotions & Marketing Producer Application