Audience Development specialist
Chase associate producer
promotions & marketing
Are you the next member of SSN? The below listings are immediate positions we are hiring for, however we are always keen to meet and chat with new, aspiring talent. Email us at email@example.com if you'd like more info on the types of roles we have and where you might fit in.
STORY STUDIO NETWORK
Dear Future Colleague,
We are seeking an Editor - Producer to join our team.
ABOUT THE EDITOR - PRODUCER ROLE
Our editors are a true asset to Story Studio Network.
You will be working closely with our Executive and Associate producers to build, grow, and create compelling branded podcast content.
Your work will be dynamic and fast-paced - like working in a new media newsroom environment.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
● Leading recording sessions in the SSN virtual studio(s) to ensure highest quality sound and recordings.
Running sound and tech/gear checks with clients and guests to ensure they are comfortable and ready for recording
Downloading/uploading and maintaining audio and video files in our various systems, following proper labeling and archiving procedures
Editing and sound engineering client shows for the best possible sound (sticking to SSN’s production guidelines).
Sound designing client intros, extros and midrolls when required
Advising clients on good production practices in studio.
Listening with an ‘editorial ear’ to identify promotional moments that pop up during recording sessions.
Broadcast and/or mainstream media experience an asset, but not required.
You will need the following:
● A great sense of humour
● Excellent communications and people skills for collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders and clients
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● A great work-from-home/remote set up including a decent mic and headphones
● Attention to ‘news’ detail and the ability to think like a storyteller
You are a creative, pragmatic, high functioning individual. You are a beast at cutting through complexity. You are humble – you have ZERO ISSUES rolling up your sleeves and jumping into the studio to create awesome ‘on demand audio’ for our clients and in-house productions. But you also have the confidence, assertiveness, skills and experience required to drive projects forward.
You have strong creative skills, and you work best behind the scenes – identifying and solving problems, spotting creative opportunities to ‘make it sound awesome’. You have a keen attention to technical detail without getting too in the weeds. Deadlines are your friend.
You are tech savvy and can thrive in a remote work environment. You care deeply about stories well told and producing compelling content.
Your tech stack knowledge is deep and you’re pretty much able to edit in any software, but you were probably trained in Adobe.
You are deeply grounded and drama-free. You are looking to bring your skills to a growing, mission-based organization and provided it’s a fit – work with us for a minimum of 2 years. This is an initial contract role with the expectation of full-time employment within six months.
You’ll be joining Story Studio Network. We are a team of four full time and three contractor team members who have a collective mission of changing the Canadian media landscape for the better. We are setting the standard for our market: incredible podcasts that tell incredible stories. We believe firmly in an Audience First mission to all our projects..
You will be stepping into a supportive and dynamic team environment, where we’ll provide you with:
● Extraordinary colleagues who will cheer you on, remind you of your brilliance and care about you as a person and human.
● The supreme peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are building a company with integrity.
● A competitive salary and flexible hours; an internal policy of ‘do what lights you up Friday’ AND have open time to think, dream, and play.
● The ability to use your extraordinary talents to have fun and make a difference for our incredible clients.
HOW TO APPLY
If this job description speaks to you, then we strongly encourage you to apply by midnight on NOVEMBER 1ST, 2022
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line [YOUR NAME] Editor Producer Application.