BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT &
Are you the next member of SSN? The below listings are immediate positions we are hiring for, however we are always keen to meet and chat with new, aspiring talent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like more info on the types of roles we have and where you might fit in.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SALESPERSON
STORY STUDIO NETWORK
Dear Future Colleague,
We are seeking a Business Development & Salesperson to join our team.
ABOUT THE Business Development & Salesperson ROLE
As a business development and salesperson with Story Studio Network, you will be a true asset to the Company and our valued Clients, Creators and Community.
You will be working closely with our Executive team to prospect, attract, and retain a dynamic roster of branded production clients.
You will need the following:
● A great sense of humour
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills for collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders and clients
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● A great work-from-home/remote set up including a decent mic and headphones
● Attention to ‘news’ detail and the ability to think like a storyteller
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has an understanding of marketing/sales and how to help customers grow their businesses
• Is self-motivated and results oriented
• Has an outgoing, resilient personality
• Enjoys the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
• Has a passion for new media, podcasting and the world of branded content
• Is located in the Eastern or Atlantic time zone and has strong command of the Canadian media and marketing landscape.
• Two years of past sales experience is preferred.
• Marketing/digital marketing or sales experience is a plus (A creative approach to sales and a strong desire to learn and succeed is a must!)
• A demonstrated record of success in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment.
• Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing, and developing customer relationships.
• Ability to develop a strategic sales plan.
• Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key decision makers with the ability to secure appointments weekly with qualified prospects.
• Demonstrates effective listening skills and able to deliver compelling sales presentations.
• Demonstrable ability to articulate and addresses client objectives as it pertains to podcasting, new media and branded content.
• Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions.
• Strong problem solving and analytical ability are essential.
You are a creative, pragmatic, high functioning individual. You are a beast at cutting through complexity. You are humble – you have ZERO ISSUES rolling up your sleeves to brainstorm and execute creative, best-in-class experiences for our clients, creators and SSN audiences. You also have the confidence, assertiveness, skills and experience required to drive projects forward.
You have strong creative and people skills, and you naturally spot opportunities for growth and connection – identifying and nurturing meaningful relationships and always representing the SSN brand proudly.
You have a keen attention to detail without getting too in the weeds. Deadlines and goal posts are your friend.
You are tech savvy and can thrive in a remote work environment. You care deeply about stories well told and producing compelling content.
You are deeply grounded and drama-free. You are looking to bring your skills to a growing, mission-based organization and provided it’s a fit – work with us for a minimum of 2 years. This is an initial contract commissioned role with the expectation of full-time employment within six months.
You’ll be joining Team SSN. We are a team of 5 full time and 3 contractor team members who have a collective mission of changing the Canadian media landscape for the better. We are setting the standard for our market: incredible podcasts that tell incredible stories. We believe firmly in an Audience First mission to all our projects.
You will be stepping into a supportive and dynamic team environment, where we’ll provide you with:
● Extraordinary colleagues who will cheer you on, remind you of your brilliance and care about you as a person and human.
● The supreme peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are building a company with integrity.
● A competitive salary and flexible hours; an internal policy of ‘do what lights you up Friday’ AND have open time to think, dream, and play.
● The ability to use your extraordinary talents to have fun and make a difference for our incredible clients.
HOW TO APPLY
If this job description speaks to you, then we strongly encourage you to apply by midnight on JUNE 15TH, 2023.
Please email your response to this opportunity to email@example.com and include “Business Development Candidate - [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject line.